Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Tuesday, July 03, 2007

2 Posts in One Day????

I got out of work a little early today due to the holiday.

I came home for some "me" time before I go pick up JT.

WE HAVE A NEW PORCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The concrete guys (the new ones) came when they said they would and POURED our new porch! It looks great so far and will be ready for foot traffic tomorrow!

The carpenter called me back today as well with our estimate. I am happy to say it came in cheaper than I thought it would. The downside....he can't get to us until late July. I am ok with this as long as he tells me late July and sticks to it.




My appointment with the OB went well this morning. Lefty is healing once again and the redness is gone. In addition to the infection coming out of the old incision, I also have *gasp* begun to lactate so some milk/colostrum is also coming out. All is good according to the OB.

My blood pressure was fine. The Bean's heart rate was fine. I actually lost 6 pounds over these past two weeks bringing my grand total weight gain for this pregnancy to a big fat ZERO! Believe it or not, I have not gained anything. My OB is also ok with this since I am far from being normal weight or thin (fat is what most people call it).

I got my blood drawn for the gestational diabetes screen and I have my prescription to go to the hospital for my RhoGAM shot (which I will do Saturday).




I am happy to report A is now home with his family. From what I can gather, there were no problems in country and the travel went very smoothly. In fact, the family's trip was 16 days from start to finish and didn't face a single problem.

I will stop calling him A now since his name is D. He seems to be healthy enough, but still on the tiny and thin side. I also received a report that he is developmentally delayed by about 4-5 months. Again, I am not surprised and I just know he is well cared for and will catch up in no time. I am eternally grateful to his family for keeping me in informed. Welcome home D!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So much great news! Hooray for AC and the poured concrete! And way to go Lefty! And big congrats on hitting the 3rd trimester benchmark ... Baby will be here before you know it!!

Tuesday, July 03, 2007 10:57:00 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Welcome home D, I am happy to hear he has a family!

Thursday, July 12, 2007 12:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home