2 weeks?
It can't be two weeks since my last post. Things have been so busy for us and time is flying by.
I am 30 weeks pregnant as of yesterday. 30 weeks. I have about 10 weeks to go and the nursery is still not finished and we haven't bought a single thing for this child. I know this pregnancy is real by now so what is my problem?
I did manage to "flunk" my gestational diabetes screen so I now have the pleasure of sitting in my OB's office for a little over 3 hours to take the full blown test this Saturday. Lovely. I have always been told every pregnancy is different and this one sure is because I didn't have to do this with JT. I also didn't feel JT kick as much as this one and I am truly grateful for the wonderful kicks and tummy movements I get to see this time.
We hired a carpenter to finish the woodwork on the porch and that started yesterday and should be finished tomorrow. The last thing we will have to do is paint the pillars. I can't believe this nightmare job is almost done.
We are trying to go after the original contractor to get some of our money back, but things aren't looking good. This guy doesn't own anything from what we can discover and if he doesn't own anythig, we can sue all we want, but won't recvover a penny. They don't put people in jail for failure to pay a judgment in small claims court either. Nice justice system we have. We reported him to every agency, bureau, and organization we could think of and I still need to contact the police to see if I can file a complaint.
We did have a visit from some sub-contractors one night last week. It seems as though our jackass contractor sub-contracted with another company to do some work on our porch and never paid them. I can only hope they don't serve US with a Mechanic's lein and force us to pay them. Jackass contractor won't return the sub-contractors calls either.
I plan to send out one more certified letter in hopes we can resolve this amicably. I doubt it will work, but I have to try. At this point, I know I won't see money, but I would like to see something....
Work is super busy for me this time of year and even that should let up soon. Our "social" calendar seems to be jammed and we haven't had a "free" weekend in almost 2 months. This weekend I am tied up in a Dr's office for 1/2 the day and then we are going to visit my aunt and uncle who live about 2 hours away on Sunday.
I know...pretty boring post. I have a lot going on in my head, but at this point, I am not comfortable sharing on a public blog. Maybe it is time to go private....

2 Comments:
I hope you get to have some free time soon! Congrats on the approaching completion of your porch. I would be so mad at that other guy! We've had some crappy subs work on our house too. Very frustrating! Sorry about you test on Saturday, no fun. Sounds like you are feeling well. I loved being pregnant.
I'm so glad to hear that things are coming along well! Are you taking gender guesses yet? 'Cause I have one! I'm sorry that you flunked your GD test....I passed mine last week but failed the iron test so I have to start taking some supplements. Blah!
Post more often! :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home