Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Thursday, July 19, 2007

30 week appointment and a little concerned

It wasn't the greatest appt. but wasn't the worst.

The scale went up 8 pounds in two weeks. Granted, I lost 6 pounds at the last appt. so my total weight gain to date is 8 pounds. I am ok with this as is the OB. I told him about the swelling I am having and he isn't too concerned. He did look at my feet and hands. It is summer after all and we have been in the 80's with a lot of humidity this week.

I had a couple of waves of nausea yesterday afternoon as well as some dizziness and told him about it. He said it was quite normal and to definitely let him know although there is nothing to worry about.

My BP was 138/80. This is much higher than it has been (and the nurse used the large cuff). I have been running in the low 100's over 60's. Still in the normal range, but higher than it has been. It could be normal for the 3rd Trimester.

The bean was moving ok and heart rate was in the 140's. Yes, the baby is still breech and the OB said he WAS willing to do a version if needed even though I have a prior c-section. The outcome if baby doesn't turn is a c-sec and the outcome for complications of doing a version is c-sec so what do I have to lose? I was also reassured it is still early for baby to turn (which I knew, but my Bradley instructor claims babies turn around 30W).

Here is the not-so-great news....while everything itself isn't a big deal, I also spilled a trace (the nurse said trace) of protein in my urine. The OB said my urine looks ok enough at this stage in the game.

When you take the swelling, weight gain, blood pressure, nausea, dizziness, and urine together, it adds up to the OB wanting to see me weekly until 32W and then TWICE a week starting at 32W. I am also having a non-stress test (NST) this Saturday along with my GTT. While he didn't outright say pre-eclampsia, I wonder if my OB is now watching for it. I am a little concerned.....

3 Comments:

Blogger JPAKAJR said...

CYE I just wrote you a book! I am sending out some extra hugs! PP&T's for good measure too!

((((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Jen

Thursday, July 19, 2007 8:21:00 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

OH NO! I sure hope everything ends up ok. Look on the bright side, IF it does end up Pre-E they are ALREADY watching it to make sure you and babykins stay safe.

Thursday, July 19, 2007 5:33:00 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

I'm hoping it is just the weather and the stress of the stupid contractor!

Friday, July 20, 2007 3:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home