Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Wednesday, July 25, 2007

31 Week Update

I can't believe I just typed 31 weeks. I have about 2 months to go in this miracle pregnancy. My GTT results came back and I don't have GD! I can't tell you how happy I am. If I did have it, I would make changes to my diet and deal with it, but knowing I don't have to go to the OB for 2 hour blood work every week is nicer than you could ever imagine.



My OB is still going to keep a close eye on me. I have appointments twice a week now complete with NST's at every visit (Non Stress Test). I have scheduled appointments every Wednesday and Saturday through August.



I feel pretty good on most days, but I wil admit to being more tired and not sleeping as well at this point. It is a small price to "pay". My hands are always numb and I drop things constantly. I hope I don't drop the baby! We have our names almost narrowed down.



I have been spending 15 minutes per night going through JT's old clothes and determining what can be washed and used. Having kids in opposite seasons doesn't help. I think I will be ok with the newborn clothes, but I have summer stuff in 3-6 months and this child will fit those in the middle of winter.



We need to shop for a few things, install the car seat, pack a bag for the hospital, etc. I feel like we haven't done anything to really get ready for this child. Is it because it is a second child/pregnancy or the fact that it hasn't felt real until recently?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home