Making Lemonade out of Lemons
I cannot believe I have 6 weeks until I meet this bean! We still have a ton to do and I hope to make a dent in some of it over the next couple of weeks (I'd better!).
Lefty reared it's ugly head this past weekend and my OB sent me off to the ER to get it drained. After 4 1/2 hours in the ER after being told it would be about one hour, Lefty was drained under ultrasound guidance and I had a drain put in. YUCK! I couldn't shower and the drain itself was pretty uncomfortable.
It was taken out yesterday thank goodness.
The bottom line is this infection will come back. The goal is to get me through delivery and give the baby a little bit of time to grow so I can be away for an overnight stay in the hospital to have a lot of Lefty's tissue removed. This is a polite way of saying most of Lefty's ducts will be taken and I even asked about just taking Lefty. The surgery is slated to occur before the end of the year. We anticipate sometime in mid-December.
On the bright side, I will be eligible for reconstruction and will have a consult with the plastic surgeons before the surgery. The rules of recontruction allow for a symmetrical set of girls which means I get a lift and perky girls covered by insurance! :)
And that is my lemonade for now!

3 Comments:
Sorry about the Lefty yuckiness. Great attitude! I want perky girls too...
oh that ER experience sounds just awful. But way to make lemonade with the surgery - ha, I totally wanted an excuse to have mine done back in high school... so 17 year old me is totally jealous of you! ;-)
Ah, to have perky girls again! ;-)
I am sorry that lefty is being difficult again.
Post a Comment
<< Home