Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Saturday, September 01, 2007

Happy 5th Anniversary

T and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary yesterday. It is hard to believe we got married 5 years ago. So much has happened in the past 5 years...the birth of our son, JT, my mom passed away, T got a new job, we went through almost every infertility treatment in the book and got pregnant twice, we began an adoption, we have had friends get divorced, and we are now expecting a new addition within a month. There have been many more things, but as I look back, the past 5 years has been wonderful and has flown by faster than I ever could have imagined!

I met T over 10 years ago. We went through some very rocky times during our courtship. Looking back, we hurt one another, but got all the "junk" out of the way so our marriage is rock solid. I never thought I could love someone as much as I love T. I never imagined my love for him could grow even more everyday.

Our original plan for our 5th anniversary was to travel to Las Vegas and get remarried by Elvis. Sure, it sounds funny, but it is something T wanted to do and I was happy to oblige. It didn't work out this year. Maybe we will try again for our 10th.

This was a low key anniversary for us. We both went to work and came home. We decided that we didn't need to exchange gifts or cards. T didn't follow the "rules" and he walked into the house after work with a beautiful bouquet of a dozen roses. I was touched and felt bad I didn't do the same. T is so thoughtful - just one reason I love him as much as I do.

I cooked spaghetti for dinner and T, JT, and I sat down for dinner as we do most nights. We enjoyed dinner and went through the rest of our evening routine of putting JT to bed.

I love you, honey! Thank you for a wonderful anniversary! I am looking forward to the next 5 years and many many more!

Thank you for asking.....

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Happy anniversary! Best wishes for many, many more.

Saturday, September 01, 2007 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

Happy Anniversary! Matt and I had the same plans (renewing vows) for our 5 year but they didn't work out either. Here we are pushing 7 years and I'm not sure that 10 years will work out either! haha

Congrats!

Saturday, September 01, 2007 11:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you both - from your Aussie Mum

Monday, September 03, 2007 3:48:00 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Thursday, September 06, 2007 3:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home