Hmmmm.........
I made it a point to eat and drink before my OB appt. this morning. The u/s tech was running late so I was put on the big bad fetal monitor while waiting for my u/s. I hate the fetal monitor. I think the jumping bean does, too, because the jumping bean was not jumping. AT.ALL.
The heart rate was steady for 40 minutes. Not a single acceleration. Not even a blip. Not a good thing.
The u/s went well. I scored a 6 out of 8. I lost 2 points for diaphragm movement. We saw a little practice breathing, but not much. Fluid level is fine and the baby did move enough.
My OB wasn't happy. I was given the choice of going to L&D for more monitoring or coming back to the office on Monday for another appt. That's a no brainer. My appt. on Monday is at 3:30PM. I have strict instructions to call him if I don't feel 10 kicks/moves within one hour of eating.
I asked the OB if he was overly concerned. He said since I was high risk, he wants to watch me closely and make sure all is OK. I asked if he was concerned would he induce me (which I don't want). He said my chances of a c-section increase dramatically if he induces and he doesn't want to do that. YAY! Granted, we all want a happy and healthy baby, but I really don't want another c-section. It is nice to have an OB who wants the same thing as you and isn't so "quick to cut".
Who wants to take bets now.....I have a sinking suspicion this baby will be here Monday and not the way I want......call it a gut feeling.....and one I am trying to accept.....
Will Monday be the day?

4 Comments:
Hi Nina,
I usually lurk, but I just wanted to wish you luck on Monday. I hope that baby arrives the way you want. I'll be thinking of you.
aka iodinemll
Oh I am excited that your baby will be here soon... but I do hope s/he makes an entrance the old fashioned way, and without any added drama. I'll be praying for you and baby this weekend and Monday... keep us updated, as you can!
I'm totally excited to see how your Monday appt went!! Update as soon as you can!
You are killing us. WHAT HAPPENED??? I'm assuming the baby is here. Hope all is well,
Gretchen
Post a Comment
<< Home