Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Pleasant Surprise

This is my last week of work before maternity leave. Most are pretty shocked I decided to work up until my due date, but to be honest, I sat around for three weeks with JTs just waiting and it kind of stunk.

I only want/need a couple of days to myself so hopefully this little one will not make an appearance for about a week.

I got a nice surprise at work yesterday. I received a promotion complete with a 12.5% raise! I knew I was in the running for this promotion, but I wasn't sure if it would happen before my leave or if the "powers that be" would actually give it to me given the circumstances. Sure, I know it is illegal to discriminate against a pg woman, but it is also VERY difficult to prove so I just wasn't so sure.

Anyway, the promotion is effective once I get back from my leave in mid-late December. It is very nice to know that senior management got the approval before my leave.

On the baby front, I have an OB appointment tonight. I am hoping it is pretty uneventful! :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! That is a great promotion/raise! Should help make returning to work a little easier anyway. :)

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 3:15:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

Yay! Congats! Now where's that baby? ;-)

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 7:34:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

I'm dying for an update of last night's appt!

Thursday, September 20, 2007 10:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home