Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Thursday, September 27, 2007

Welcome to the World!!!

WHEW! It isn't exactly how we wanted or how we planned, but ultimately, the most important thing is a happy and healthy baby was born on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 at 9:27PM. The cutest little thing in the world was 6 lbs. 15 oz. and was 19 inches long.



I know you are dying to know what we had....



We are the proud parents to a happy and healthy little girl! I am still in shock! I look at her in amazement and still think she is a boy. LOL! I cannot believe it. I just "knew" I was having a boy! While the birth itself wasn't exactly what we planned, we are thrilled that all went well in spite of the fact I didn't have the unmedicated VBAC I dreamed of.

I am sorry it has taken so long to post. I still need to write the full birth story and we have been battling a lot of breastfeeding issues. I am also trying to recover from my c-section.

Our little ray of sunshine, A (which is what she will be referred to here), loves to be held and I have found myself either holding or feeding her or hooked up to a breast pump (Moooooooo!).

I will post this quickly and hopefully will write the full birth story and tell of breastfeeding woes in the coming day or two (cross your fingers).

7 Comments:

Blogger Dianna said...

Congratulations on your precious baby girl! Relax, recover, and then give us the whole scoop :)

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 2:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!! Sorry it wasn't the ideal birth, but so glad Baby A is here, safe and healthy!! Blessings. :-)

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 3:10:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

OMG! I'm so happy to see your announcement!! i would LOVE to see pics if you're ok with that! ncrphoto@yahoo.com

i can't wait to read the whole story!!

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 5:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Nina, congratulations! I'm so sorry your birth wasn't what you hoped for and you are totally right, the important thing is that you are all healthy but it is also ok to grieve, too. I'm so excited for your baby GIRL! Amazing and so funny that you were so sure it was a boy. I bet this is just the beginning of how baby A surprises you! I'd love to see pics if you are sharing privately, by the way. Congrats! And if you need to bounce any ideas off in the bfeeding department, I may be able to help. Hopefully you've got it all worked out now and you can start settling in and healing up! Congrats!

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 7:20:00 PM  
Blogger saucygoat said...

Congratulations!!

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 8:13:00 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

CONGRATS on your new daughter!

Thursday, October 04, 2007 9:05:00 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Wow! Congrats! I'm glad everything is ok.

Thursday, October 04, 2007 10:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home