The Contractor from HELL - Part 3
If you have been following along, this is the third installment of our concrete porch nightmare. If you need a refresher you can check out Part 1 and Part 2.
I wish I could tell you things have progressed, but they haven't. I called the jackass 5 times and said if he didn't call me back today, I would see him in court. He called.
To make a very long story short....I am done with this guy. I have had it. I almost don't care if we get any money back because I don't want him touching our porch anymore. The job he has done to date isn't a job well done and I would rather scrap what he has done before it is too late.
On the phone today I asked for an invoice of all material and labor costs to date and a refund check of monies due. We would part ways and be done. I know darn well he spent the money and doesn't have it to give me. Jackass claims that the framing is done and he called our town for the inspection we need before the concrete pour. I told him I have some issues with the framing job and was told by two different concrete companies the framing job is not done properly. He offered for me to meet with his concrete sub contractor to discuss some issues I have with the framing job. I asked him when that would be and of course, he has to call the concrete guy. Uh-huh. I want my money back. I asked again for the invoice and refund check.
So the jackass claims to have called my town for the inspection we need before the concrete is poured. I told him I checked with my town and they do not have an appt. scheduled. At 5 minutes to 5PM today, I could have had an appt. for tomorrow morning at 9:15AM. This guy is full of crap.
Let's not discuss the lies this guy has told me on how long this job would take in the first place.
I may be naive in some ways and stupid....but give me enough time and I WILL do my homework and know when I am getting snowed. Granted, it may be too late in this case, but at least I can "save" the porch from totally being done wrong.
Anyway....I have an estimate to fix the framing job and pour the concrete properly. I am told it will take 1 day to frame and 1 day to pour. The concrete can be walked on in 5 hours....not two weeks like jackass told me.
So....jackass is fired in my eyes. If he ever calls me back, I will attempt to get some money back (or see him in small claims court) and hire the good concrete company.
Stay tuned....it ain't over yet.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home